Data Scientist – LATAMApply now
Signifyd leads the world in bringing the insights, innovation and compassion required to foster fearless commerce in a time of increasing digital threats. Working with some of the industry’s most recognizable retailers and brands, we are focused on using technology to enhance customer lifetime value and protect enterprises from fraud so they can focus on growing their business.
We process billions in ecommerce transactions annually through our Commerce Network of thousands of merchants selling in more than 100 countries. We focus every day on harnessing machine learning and artificial intelligence in more powerful ways to maximize our customers’ revenue and their security. None of that happens without the right people.
Our team’s strength is in its diversity and its acceptance of new ideas and new ways to look at old challenges. We are dedicated disruptors designing a new world of commerce at scale. We know humans are not one-dimensional and we celebrate the uniqueness each individual brings to the problems we solve and the culture we create.
The Data Science team at Signifyd builds the models that power our fraud detection engine. Our machine learning pipeline keeps us one step ahead of fraudsters and their constantly evolving tactics and our research and experiments develop into new products that improve the merchant payments experience.
We expect our data scientists to be hands-on. We carry solutions from a brainstorm to experimentation and all the way to deployment. We’re a varied group with a diversity of strengths — some team members came to us from academic backgrounds, others from engineering, some from big companies and some from small, but all of us are curious and collaborative.
We are looking for someone who embodies our company values:
Curious and Hungry: Be willing to do research and design experiments by being hands-on
Tenacious: Creating something new is hard work, and our Data Scientist team never gives up
Customer Passion: Be the backbone to our platform, and help us stay ahead of fraudsters
Design for Scale: Work with the rest of the Data Science team to make fraud protection at scale possible
Agile: Some days you may spend doing research and designing experiments while others are spent using your analytical toolbox to surface insights into real-time fraud attacks.
Roll Up Your Sleeves: Partner closely internally to learn from others, and succeed as a team
How you’ll have an impact:
- Building production machine learning models that identify fraud
- Designing new algorithms that optimize all the key components of the Signifyd Commerce Protection Platform
- Writing production and offline analytical code in Python and Java
- Researching real-time emerging fraud patterns with the Risk Analysis team
- Working with distributed data pipelines
- Communicating complex ideas effectively to a variety of audiences
- Collaborating with engineering teams to continuously strengthen our machine learning pipeline
- Mentoring other members of the team
Past experience you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or an analytical field
- An advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D) in computer science, applied mathematics, or an analytical field is highly preferred
- At least 3+ years of experience
- Hands-on statistical analysis with a solid fundamental understanding
- Designing experiments and collecting data
- Writing code and reviewing others’ in a shared codebase, preferably in Python and Java
- Practical SQL knowledge
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Fluent in English
Experience we love to see:
- Data analysis in a distributed environment
- Passion for writing well-tested production-grade code
- Using visualizations to communicate analytical results to stakeholders outside your team
- Previous work in fraud, payments, or e-commerce
Loading, please wait