Principal Software EngineerApply now
Signifyd leads the world in bringing the insights, innovation and compassion required to foster fearless commerce in a time of increasing digital threats. Working with some of the industry’s most recognizable retailers and brands, we are focused on using technology to enhance customer lifetime value and protect enterprises from fraud so they can focus on growing their business.
We process billions in ecommerce transactions annually through our Commerce Network of thousands of merchants selling in more than 100 countries. We focus every day on harnessing machine learning and artificial intelligence in more powerful ways to maximize our customers’ revenue and their security. None of that happens without the right people.
Our team’s strength is in its diversity and its acceptance of new ideas and new ways to look at old challenges. We are dedicated disruptors designing a new world of commerce at scale. We know humans are not one-dimensional and we celebrate the uniqueness each individual brings to the problems we solve and the culture we create.
The Principal Software Engineer (PSE) role is responsible for fulfilling the technical team lead role for a signifyd feature team (typically 4 engineers). Each PSE plays a critical strategic role in ensuring that the work delivered by their team delivers on stakeholder requirements as well as embodying the technical excellence which is at the core of the signifyd engineering culture.
In order to achieve this a PSE role has more emphasis on cross functional stakeholder engagement, architectural design, and coaching within their team. However like all engineering role within signifyd the PSE is still very much a hands-on role where the majority of time is spent coding within the team. This role is ideal for an experienced engineer who is ready to step up to the problems presented by designing internet scale solutions, but who also enjoys writing code.
Our main tech stack includes: Java, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Dynamo, MySQL, Apache Spark, Play! framework, gRPC, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Perform the technical team lead role during your teams sprint and assume responsibility for proactively engaging with cross functional stakeholders alongside:
- Working with product owners to ensure work is made ready for the team and any areas of ambiguity are resolved
- Ensuring appropriate levels of communication are facilitated with the team
- Ensuring adherence to the software development processes
- Ensuring timeliness and quality of the sprint deliverables
- Deliver designs for any architecturally significant enhancements or additions to the sets of services assigned to your team
- Under take the design and development of significantly complex software development tasks
- The ability to establish and maintain a healthy dynamic within the scrum team and to mentor more junior team members
- Enforce Signifyd quality standards on code reviews, provide feedback that raises the quality of the resulting code, and mentor peers through the review
- Contribute to the Signifyd engineering culture and ensure that any inefficiencies and wasteful processes are highlighted and addressed
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, or notify team if you are blocked and will not be able to complete expected tasks without help
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant software development experience
- Excellent programming and design skills in Java or similar OOP language
- Experience with scripting languages and SQL
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Developing internet scale 24/7 SaaS products
- Experience building large-scale high-performance systems
- Startup experience
- Machine learning or related knowledge
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast:
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Annual performance related bonus (10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- Working from home and flexible working
- 12 weeks full-pay parental leave for mums and dads!
- A dedicated learning budget
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised by our social committee
Loading, please wait