Senior Engineering ManagerApply now
Signifyd leads the world in bringing the insights, innovation and compassion required to foster fearless commerce in a time of increasing digital threats. Working with some of the industry’s most recognizable retailers and brands, we are focused on using technology to enhance customer lifetime value and protect enterprises from fraud so they can focus on growing their business.
We process billions in ecommerce transactions annually through our Commerce Network of thousands of merchants selling in more than 100 countries. We focus every day on harnessing machine learning and artificial intelligence in more powerful ways to maximize our customers’ revenue and their security. None of that happens without the right people.
Our team’s strength is in its diversity and its acceptance of new ideas and new ways to look at old challenges. We are dedicated disruptors designing a new world of commerce at scale. We know humans are not one-dimensional and we celebrate the uniqueness each individual brings to the problems we solve and the culture we create.
What you’ll do:
- Provide vision and set the direction for the team of talented engineers to motivate them, provide guidance and promote a positive culture for the success of the team.
- Execution of and contributing to the continuous improvement of Signifyd’s agile processes
- Own the end to end delivery and timeline of features including design, development and testing.
- Mentor and coach your team members individually with the right balance of direction and support.
- Recruit and continue to grow our team by hiring folks who are smart, talented, and a pleasure to work with.
- Actively work alongside internal stakeholders to manage and prioritize engineering initiatives, infrastructure changes, maintenance, and new feature requests.
Experience we need:
- 7+ years of industry experience most recently in a senior technical/management position with a proven track record of shipping software, meeting tight deadlines.
- Technical… You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality.
- People…You are passionate about developing your team members and eliminating pain points that impede their ability to deliver
- Must have excellent teamwork and collaborative decision-making skills
- Has outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and inspire others.
- Able to lead departmental meetings and to contribute meaningfully in any group setting.
Experience we’d love you to have:
- Experience of a hands on role in one or more of the following technologies: Java, Kubernetes, AWS, React
- Familiarity with building scalable complex architectures is a big plus
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast;
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Bi-annual performance related bonus (10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- 12 weeks full-pay parental leave for mums and dads!
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- Subsidised public transport and car parking
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised by our social committee
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
**If you are hired for any engineering role (excluding grads and interns) between now and July 1, 2022, you will receive a £10K sign on bonus. Agency candidates excluded from promotion.**
Loading, please wait