How to Publish the Newsletter
Prior to production, the following will be completed
- Draft text is created by Mike in Google Drive and linked to the Kapost content item for this edition
- Stefan reviews and approves the content
- Sarah creates the hero image and provides the final version in Kapost
- In Marketo > Marketing Activities > Campaigns > Nurturing > Better Ecommerce Newsletter, clone "yyyy-mm" to "Same Program," re-name for year and month of edition
- Review/Edit Poll Form, Poll and Poll - TYP
- Submit poll > Schedule tab > Activate the poll
- Edit Email
- View Google Doc, copy
- Paste into text-only editor, format to clean up, remove extra lines, ensure links are preceded by "Learn more" etc.
- Get validated hero image, download to local, upload to WP Media Library
- Open listed blog posts
- Download images, edit to 275 x 156, upload to WP Media Library, copy full image URLs
- In Marketo, edit "Email"
- Work through template, replacing item images, text and URLs; copying from the text-only version leads to fewer formatting problems on paste
- Verify subject, "Better Ecommerce Newsletter"
- Edit Email > Email Settings > Update Preaheader text with first sentence or two from main body of email
- It's an optional good idea to Send Sample to yourself at this point, so you can test all the links and gather the shortened URLs for the next step
- Edit Email > Text - Use the text-only version copied from Google Doc and format like the one copied from Marketo in a previous step.
- IMPORTANT: Must retain formatted unsubscribe link section at bottom
- NICE TO HAVE: Replace the long URLs with Marketo-shortened ones; this means you need to do an initial "Send Sample" from Marketo, then copy the URLs from the sample email
- Test the email to yourself and any other interested stakeholders
- IMPORTANT: Make sure Sarah is looped in on tests
- Add Marketo email link to Kapost item and submit for review
- When all approved, click the main folder for the edition in Marketo, set the Schedule and Approve
- Review the email when it arrives on normal schedule