Your one-stop shop for the details of everything related to our solution.
Installing the BigCommerce app
Signifyd’s BigCommerce app enables merchants on BigCommerce to integrate with Signifyd in minutes, automating fraud prevention and protecting them in case of chargebacks.
Installing the app
To install Signifyd from the BigCommerce control panel, navigate to the sidebar and select Apps.
You’ll be directed to the BigCommerce Marketplace. Locate the search bar, and enter Signifyd.
Click on the app, and select Install.
Click Confirm to start your installation.
You’ll be directed to the Signifyd home page in-app. Please select Console in the upper right hand corner to view your orders.
If you have orders in your store, you’ll be able to view them in the case queue on the left hand side. We will sync up to 50 of your most recent orders, or, if you haven’t received as many, your total orders from the last seven days.
If you do not have orders, you’ll see the integration screen below. The Signifyd console will appear once your first order is placed.
If you’re still having problems, please reach out to our support team.
When you exit the Signifyd console, you can access the app again through BigCommerce’s control panel by simply visiting the Apps section again.
Implementing device fingerprinting scripts
Fraudsters often change or mask the information they use when purchasing to pass as a legitimate order. Device fingerprinting allows us to counteract fraud abuse by analyzing hundreds of device and browser data points to uniquely identify and track devices that transact on your site. This allows us to quickly identify and block known bad devices, allowing legitimate orders and customers through. And with over 10 billion tracked devices in our network, we are able to provide superior decision accuracy and fraud protection.
Adding our device fingerprint tracking script to your site will increase our ability to protect your store from fraudulent transactions.
Implementation takes less than 5 minutes and can be done by following the 3 steps below.
- Step 1. Get the tracking scripts
- Step 2. Add the global script to your store
- Step 3. Add the conversion script to your store
Get the tracking scripts
To simplify the setup process we have pre-generated scripts necessary for implementing device fingerprint on your store. In this section, we will cover how to get the necessary scripts for your store.
1. Log into your BigCommerce control panel, navigate to the sidebar, select Apps, and then My Apps. Next, select Launch to open the Signifyd console within BigCommerce.
2. Once in the Signifyd console, select Help from the upper right-hand section of the menu. Then select Device Fingerprint Script from the list of options.
3. The Device Fingerprint page contains two code snippets that will need to be added to your store for device fingerprinting to function properly. Keep this page open as you’ll need to reference this later on in this guide.
Note: the provided scripts are unique for each store and should not be shared across stores.
Add the global script to your store
In this section, we will cover how to add the Global Script to your BigCommerce theme.
1. Copy the Global Script code snippet from the device fingerprint tracking script page.
2. From the BigCommerce Control Panel navigate to Storefront Design, select More, and then select Template Files.
3. From the Action column, select … and then select the first file and select Edit.
4. From the editor select HTMLHead.html from the left-hand pane and paste the global script just before the closing </head> tag.
5. Select save in the upper left-hand corner of the editor screen.
Add the conversion script to your store
In this section, we will cover how to add the Conversion Script to your BigCommerce Affiliate Conversion Tracking.
- Copy the entire Conversion Script code snippet from the device fingerprint tracking script page.
- From the BigCommerce Control Panel navigate to Advanced Settings and then select Affiliate Conversion Tracking.
- Paste the conversion script in the Conversion Tracking Code area and select save.
That’s it! Now Signifyd will be able to uniquely track and identify devices used to transact on your site, increasing our ability to protect your store from fraudulent transactions.