Your one-stop shop for the details of everything related to our solution.
Extension v3.18 and above
This guide applies to the latest version of our Magento 1 extension, version 3.18. For older versions, click here to learn how to install your extension.
Signifyd’s Magento extension enables merchants on Magento 1 to integrate with Signifyd in minutes, automating fraud prevention and protecting them in case of chargebacks.
Specifically, Magento merchants can:
- Automatically send all orders to Signifyd for Guaranteed Fraud Protection
- Configure order workflows based on Signifyd’s Guarantee decision
- View the Signifyd Guarantee decision and score within the Orders grid
When an order is placed on your Magento store, Signifyd immediately reviews the order in real-time to determine whether it’s a legitimate customer or fraudulent purchase attempt.
Note: merchants on Magento 1 also have the option of capturing the payment (invoicing) based on Signifyd’s guarantee decision, allowing for additional automation. Read more about auto capture here. If you’re interested in auto-capture please reach out to our support team to enable.
How It Works
The Signifyd extension supports updating the Magento order status to ensure that only Guarantee approved orders are shipped and potential fraudulent orders, Guarantee Declined are not.
To enable the Signifyd extension to update the order status you can configure Order Workflow setting enables the extension to update the order status in Magento to ensure you only ship orders Signifyd has Guaranteed. By updating the workflow actions from the extension setting you can configure the extension to place the order “on-hold” and update the order status to Processing when Signifyd’s Guarantee decision is Approved. If an order is declined for Guarantee, the extension will leave the order on hold, allowing you to cancel the order or ship without chargeback protection.
Order Flow with Workflows Enabled
|Order Workflow Option||Order Workflow Action||Order Status|
|Approved Guarantee||Do nothing||Processing|
|Approved Guarantee||Update status to processing||“On-Hold” then “Processing”|
|Declined Guarantee||Do nothing||If Approved Guarantee action is “Do Nothing” then “Processing”
If Approved Guarantee action is “Update status to processing” then “On-Hold”
Magento Order Grid
The Magento order grid enables you to:
- View Signifyd’s decision in the order grid (Guarantee Status)
- View the Signifyd score in the order grid (Signifyd Score)
- Quickly view the case details and our risk assessment within the Signifyd console by clicking the Guarantee status
Magento Order Page
From the Magento order page you can view a history of all the changes Signifyd has made to an order.
In this example, the order was submitted and immediately placed on hold. Within seconds, Signifyd approved the order, unheld it, and updated the order status to Processing. The Guarantee Status was updated to Approved.
In this example, the order was submitted and immediately placed on hold. Within seconds, Signifyd determined the order to be fraudulent, and left the order on hold. The Guarantee Status was updated to Declined.
In order to be successful on Magento, it is recommended that you follow the below sequence in your installation process.
- Request a Signifyd account
- Download the extension
- Install the extension
- Configure the extension
- Go live
You’ll also need to have the following:
- A compatible version of Magento
- A Magento Connect account
- A Magento Admin account
1. Contact sales to request a Signifyd account.
From the Signifyd homepage, submit a sales inquiry. Our team will reach out promptly and set you up with an account, and discuss pricing and plan options.
2. Download the Signifyd extension from the Magento store.
Visit the Signifyd extension page on Magento Connect.
Select your applicable platform from the drop-down: Community or Enterprise.
Click Add to Cart > Checkout > Install.
Copy the extension key and keep this on hand for the next step.
3. Install the Signifyd extension in Magento.
From within Magento Admin, you’ll need to take a few steps to complete the initial installation.
1. Paste extension key into Magento Connect.
Log in to your Magento Admin account.
Take note of any warnings or error messages displayed in your dashboard, and correct them before continuing.
From the navigation bar, go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager.
Within the Install New Extensions section, paste the Extension Key you copied from the download process. Click Install.
Then select Proceed to begin your installation process.
Check to make sure the plugin installed successfully at the page bottom. Take note of any errors and correct them if possible. Select the Refresh button.
Click on Return to Admin at the page’s top right corner when the installation is complete.
2. Flush your System Cache.
From the navigation bar, go to System > Cache Management
Click on Flush Cache Storage. You should receive a message on the screen that says “The cache storage has been flushed.”
3. Confirm extension has been installed correctly.
Log out of your Magento Admin panel and log back in.
Once you’ve logged back in, go to System > Configuration. Within the Configuration menu, scroll down and click on Signifyd.
You should see a screen like the one below.
Now that you’ve completed the installation process, the next step is configuration.
4. Configure the extension within Magento and the Signifyd console.
In order to configure the Signifyd extension, you’ll need to work in both Magento Admin and the Signifyd console. We recommend keeping two windows open: one with your Magento Admin page and one with the Signifyd console.
Part of our recommended configuration process involves setting up a test team, in addition to a production team. This allows you to test your store’s integration with Signifyd before going live. We won’t charge for orders submitted through this team, and please note that once a team is designated as a test team, it cannot be changed. (Learn more about test teams here.)
1. Login to your Signifyd account and create a test team and a production team.
Sign in to your Signifyd account and select Settings from the menu in the upper right-hand corner.
Select Teams from the left-hand menu.
Enter a name for your test team, and check the box labeled Test Team. Click Create Team.
Now, create your production team.
From the top of the Teams page, click Add New.
Enter a name for your production team, and click the green checkmark.
You should see both teams now in the General section.
2. Copy the API Key for your test team.
In the General section, under API Keys, locate your test team and copy the API key for that team.
You’ll need that API Key for the next step.
Keep your Signifyd Settings window open, and now switch over to your Magento Admin page.
3. Login to Magento Admin, go to your test store and configure the extension.
Open a new window and login to your Magento Admin panel. Switch to your test store.
Go to System > Configuration. Within the Configuration menu, scroll down and click on Signifyd.
You should see the screen below.
Within the Signifyd extension panel, please complete the following steps:
- In the API Key field, paste the API Key you copied from your Signifyd test team
Order Workflow section:
- In the Approved Guarantees section select Update status to processing.
- In the Enable logging, select Yes.
Webhook URL section:
- Copy the URL in this section. You’ll need this to complete configuration back in your Signifyd settings page.
Your screen should look like the below.
Click on Save Config in the upper corner.
Now, switch back over to your Signifyd console window.
4. Return to your Signifyd window, and create a webhook.
- To configure a webhook: copy the URL from the Webhook URL setting. You’ll need this to complete the configuration in the next step.
- Then navigate to the Signifyd console, settings, and then click on Notifications.
- In the Webhook address field, paste the Webhook URL you copied from your Magento Admin panel
- In the Team drop-down, select the test team you just created
- In the Event Type drop-down, select Guarantee Completion
5. Enable the extension in Magento Admin.
Once you’ve confirmed that the extension has been configured correctly in your Magento Admin and the Signifyd settings page, it’s time to enable the extension in your test store.
From within the Signifyd extension panel in your Magento Admin, do the following:
- In the Enable extension drop-down, select Yes
Now that your Signifyd extension has officially been configured in your test store, it’s time to test the integration.
5. Test your integration.
We recommend testing your Signifyd integration in order to confirm that it has been configured successfully.
Depending on the complexity of your Magento store’s set up, testing can be completed in less than a day or over a series of days.
1. Create test orders.
We recommend creating orders in your Magento testing environment that allow you to test integration for the following scenarios:
- Integration with your shipping fulfillment software
- Integration with your order management system
- Different payment methods
2. Examine the test orders from within the Magento Orders grid and the Signifyd console.
When you create a test order in your Magento store, you should confirm that:
- A case has been created in Signifyd.
- The Signifyd case details match the test order details.
- The guarantee status and score shown in the Signifyd console match what is displayed in your Magento Orders grid.
- If the order has been approved for guarantee, that Magento is triggered to unhold the order.
- If the order has been declined for guarantee, that Magento is triggered to keep the order on hold.
- Log files are generated correctly.
From within your Magento Orders grid, choose a test order and click on the Guarantee Status (or Signifyd Score).
If you have any questions throughout this testing process, or run into any problems, please reach out to our support team.
6. Go live.
Once testing has been completed, and you’ve confirmed that your integration is working, it’s time to go live. This involves repeating the configuration process (all of step 4) now on your production site.
As a reminder, if you have any questions throughout this process, please reach out to our support team.