Your one-stop shop for the details of everything related to our solution.
Magento 2.2 Fraud Integration
Magento 2.2 Fraud Integration is available for our Mid-Market and Enterprise plans.
Signifyd is embedded in the latest release of Magento 2, allowing merchants using Magento 2.2 or later to activate Signifyd's Guaranteed Fraud Protection in seconds, automating order review and covering merchants against fraudulent chargebacks.
For Magento 2.2 merchants looking to utilize Signifyd's Small Business plan, please ensure that your payment gateway is one of the four payment gateways integrated into our Magento 2.2 installation. Those payment gateways are Authorize.Net, Stripe, Braintree and Playflow Pro.
Merchants can locate the built-in Signifyd integration in the Magento Admin Panel by clicking on Store > Configuration > Sales > Fraud Protection.
When an order is placed on your Magento store, Signifyd immediately reviews the order in real-time to determine whether it's a legitimate customer or fraudulent purchase attempt.
Within seconds, Signifyd will update your order with one of the below decisions:
- Approved. This means an order was approved for Guarantee, and is ready to ship. This order is covered should a chargeback due to fraud occur.
- Declined. This means an order was declined for Guarantee, and is likely fraudulent. The merchant should cancel this order, but can also choose to ship without Guarantee coverage.
- Pending. This means an order is currently in review, and a decision will be made shortly.
- Cancelled. This means an order has been cancelled for Guarantee, and occurs automatically when an order is cancelled in Magento.
How It Works
With Signifyd embedded in the latest release of Magento 2, merchants can experience seamless integration with their Magento store. Below is an overview of the standard order flow, as well as a step-by-step explanation of how Signifyd syncs with a store on Magento 2.2 or later.
Step 1. A buyer places an order on your Magento store.
Step 2. An order is created in your Magento store, and the order status is updated to On Hold.
Step 3. The order, buyer and payment data is sent to Signifyd for review.
Step 4. Signifyd returns an Approved or Declined decision, which is automatically synced back to Magneto in two places:
- Within the order page itself, under a section titled Fraud Protection Information, and,
- On your Magento Orders grid, in a column marked Signifyd Guarantee Decision.
If the order is Approved for Guarantee, the Fraud Protection Information section is updated accordingly and the order status is updated to Processing.
If the order is Declined for Guarantee, the Fraud Protection Information section is updated accordingly and the order status is left On Hold.
Step 5. Orders that have been Approved and updated to Processing can then picked up for fulfillment.
Activating the embedded Signifyd integration can be completed in a few seconds, once a contract has been signed and you've received your API key from our Customer Success team.
Note: Prior to enabling the integration in your production store, you will need to test the integration in your test store. This means going through all of the below steps on your test store first.
Step 1. In your Magento admin panel, go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Fraud Protection.
Step 2. Under Configuration, do the following:
- In the API Key field, enter the API key provided to you by our Customer Success team.
- Copy the Webhook URL to configure your webhook in the Signifyd console.
Click Save Config.
Step 3. Login to your Signifyd account to configure your webhook.
Navigate to Settings > Notifications.
In the Webhooks section, complete the following steps:
- In the Webhook Address field, paste the Webhook URL you copied from your Magento admin panel
- In the Team dropdown, select your production team
- In the Event Type dropdown, select Guarantee Completion
Step 4. Return to the Fraud Protection section of the Magento admin panel and enable the integration.
In the Enable This Solution dropdown, select Yes.
Click Save Config.
Setup is complete, and your Magento 2.2 store is now protected from fraud on future orders.
If you have any questions about the integration or the setup process, please reach out to our support team.