Your one-stop shop for the details of everything related to our solution.
Magento Extension v3.15 and earlier
This guide applies to older versions of the Magento extension, versions 3.15 and earlier.
Signifyd’s Magento app enables merchants on Magento 1 to integrate with Signifyd, automating fraud management and protecting them from chargebacks due to fraud.
Magento 1 is only available to merchants on Signifyd's Mid-Market and Enterprise plans.
In this guide, we will cover the following
- A Signifyd user account
- A compatible version of Magento
- A Magento Connect account
- A Magento Admin account
Installing the Magento 1 App
Step 1: Download the extension from Magento Connect
- Visit the Signifyd extension page on Magento Connect.
- Click the blue Install Now button.
- Choose Your Platform: Community or Enterprise.
- Choose Your Connect Type:
- Community 1.5 or lower, select Connect 1.0
- Community 1.5 or higher, select Connect 2.0
- Click Select Key button.
- Copy the extension key.
Step 2: Install the Signifyd app
Go to Magento Admin → System → Magento Connect → Magento Connect Manager. Take note of any warnings or error messages displayed on this page, and correct them before continuing.
Paste the Extension Key into the "Install New Extensions" section. Click the Install button. The extension name will display in a table. Select Proceed to begin the installation process.
Check to make sure the plugin installed successfully at the page bottom. Take note of any errors and correct them if possible. Select the Refresh button. Select the Return to Admin link at the page's top right corner when the installation is complete.
Go to Magento Admin → System → Cache Management. Flush the System Cache by clicking the Flush Cache Storage button. Watch for this success message: "The cache storage has been flushed".
Log out of the Magento Admin panel (required to refresh permissions).
Log back into Magento AdminGo to Magento Admin → System → Configuration → Signifyd → Signifyd. Confirm that the extension has been installed correctly. It should look like the image below.
Configuring the app
Step 1: Enable Logging
Logging must be enabled in both Magento and our Signifyd Magento plugin otherwise log files will not be created.
Step 2: Create a Team
After you've signed in, click on Settings at the top right of the screen.
Click on Create a Team.
Create a Team for your Company.
Select and copy the API key related to the Team. If you have more than one team, make sure you copy the correct API key
Step 3: Configure your Signifyd Extension
Go to Magento Admin → System → Configuration → Signifyd → Signifyd. Under the Enable Extension dropdown, select Yes.
For the Signifyd API Key, you can get this from the step above.
- Click on the Advanced Tab.
Show scores in Magento Order Grid
Set Retrieve Signifyd Scores to Yes. This retrieves the score and stores it in the signifyd_connect_case table.
Set Show Scores in Magento Order Grid to Yes.
Click the URL to confirm callback functionality.Here is what you should see if it is working.
Setup Your Webhooks
- go to https://app.signifyd.com/settings/notifications
- Create the Case Create Webhook.
- Paste the callback URL from step 3.
- Choose your team name.If you several, choose the correct one.
- Choose Case Creation from the drop down menu.
- Click Add.
- Create the Case Review and Case Rescore webhooks.
- Repeat the steps above.
Scores from previously submitted orders will not display in your Magento order grid. To check that scoring is working, an order must be created either by a customer at your store or by placing a test order yourself.
Place Orders on Hold
- Set Place Orders on Hold Below Threshold to Yes.
- Set Hold score threshold to 500 or a score of your choosing.
- The order status from previously submitted orders will not be affected. To check that the "on hold" status is working, an order must be created either by a customer at your store or by placing a test order yourself.
- To release orders in Magento, click the Signifyd Thumbs Up button in the Signifyd case console.
- To hold orders in Magento, click the Signifyd thumbs-down button in the Signifyd case console.
Complete Plan - Magento 3.9.0+
To see Guarantee Decisions on the Order Grid
For orders that are auto-submitted for Guaranteed Payments via the Complete Plan, Guarantee decisions will display in the Magento order grid by following these steps.
- Set up the Guarantee Disposition webhook.
- Repeat step #4 under "Show scores in Magento Order Grid" above.
- Set Place hold on orders below score threshold to YES.
- Set Hold score threshold to 1000tohold all orders until a Guarantee decision is made.
- Set Show Guarantee status in Magento Order Grid to YES.
- Choose an Action on Guarantee Decline from the drop down menu.
- Choose an Action on Guarantee Approve from the drop down menu.
- The Guarantee Status from previously submitted orders will not display in your Magento order grid. To check that the Guarantee status is working, an order must be created either by a customer at your store or by placing a test order yourself.
Step 4: Test the App
Current and previous orders are not uploaded to your Signifyd dashboard during installation. To test that our app is properly installed, you'll have to either run a test order through your Magento store or wait for a customer to make a purchase. You'll know the app is working when you see your orders in your Signifyd dashboard like the screenshot below. See what orders can be uploaded during installation.
If you tested our Signifyd Magneto extension but you are not seeing orders or if you have installation questions, please reach out to our support team.