Your one-stop shop for the details of everything related to our solution.
In this guide, we will cover the following:
- Signifyd's Reimbursement Policy
- What To Submit For Reimbursement
- How To Submit a Reimbursement Request
- Uploading Additional Chargeback Documents
Signifyd's Reimbursement Policy
Signifyd's Guaranteed Payments covers merchants against chargebacks associated with fraud or unauthorized charges.
In order to be reimbursed for a chargeback, the following criteria must be met:
- The chargeback reason code must be for fraud or unauthorized charges.
- The order was approved for Guarantee.
- Proof of shipment, in the form of a tracking number, is provided for the order and the shipment date cannot be later than the chargeback notification date.
- The final delivery address matches the shipping address provided in the order (e.g. the order was not rerouted or returned). Please see Buy Online Pickup In Store (BOPIS) for further information.
- The reimbursement request was submitted within 7 days of receiving the chargeback notice.
We do not cover chargebacks due to errors made by the merchant, card processor or shipper, such as:
- Item not received, not as described, or defective/broken
- Refund not processed
- Duplicate charges
As long as the chargeback and order meet our criteria, and all the required documentation has been submitted to our claims team, we’ll reimburse the full Guaranteed order amount, plus any associated fees. (Please note that the chargeback must have occurred after the order was approved for Guarantee.)
Chargeback reimbursement requests are reviewed within 48 hours of submission. If there’s enough information to approve or decline the claim, the claims team will make a decision in that time. If the team reviews the claim and determines that information is missing, they'll reach out and request the information. Merchants will have 30 days from the date of our request to provide said information before the claim is automatically declined.
In the event you or we (“Representment Party”) successfully dispute an Eligible Chargeback for which we have paid you a Chargeback Payment, as indicated by notice of a voided chargeback from the financial institution that issued such Eligible Chargeback (“Chargeback Reversal”), then the (“Representment Party”) must notify the other party by providing details regarding such Chargeback Reversal within 7 days from the date the party received notice. We will increase the amount payable under each monthly invoice issued to reflect Chargeback Reimbursements that were reversed, applicable to the period of time covered by the invoice.
All reimbursements will be paid out in USD only.
For more information on the terms of our reimbursement policy, please refer to our terms of service.
What To Submit For Reimbursement
If you receive a chargeback on an order that meets the above criteria, you’ll need to gather the following items to submit a reimbursement request:
- Proof of shipment, usually in the form of a tracking number that can be verified online. (We also accept proof of delivery documentation from the shipping company or private delivery service, when combined with the order invoice.) Please see Buy Online Pickup In Store (BOPIS) for further information.
- A copy of the chargeback notice (see a sample below) that contains the following information:
- Chargeback amount, reason and current status
- Order details, including order ID and date
- Customer payment details
Once you’ve collected these documents, you’re ready to submit your claim.
Sample Chargeback Notice
Below is a sample chargeback notice that contains all the details we need to process your claim. (If you’re a Shopify merchant or you've received a chargeback through PayPal, learn how to grab your chargeback notice here.)
How to Submit a Reimbursement Request
If you receive a chargeback that meets our eligibility requirements, you can submit your chargeback for reimbursement in a few easy steps.
1. Locate the order you received a chargeback on from within the console and click Request Chargeback Reimbursement.
2. Complete the claim form and choose your reimbursement method.
Review the form, enter the applicable information, attach your chargeback notice, and choose how you'd like to be reimbursed.
Note: Currently, you can be reimbursed via PayPal or bank transfer. (We use Bill.com to reimburse via bank transfer. To learn how to set up a Bill.com account for reimbursement, please read our FAQ.)
3. Submit your reimbursement request.
Once you’ve completed the form, click Submit. You should receive an email confirming your submission, and the claim status should appear as Pending within the console. Should additional information be required to process your reimbursement request, a claims analyst will contact you.
Upload additional chargeback documents, if applicable.
If you have additional chargeback documents you'd like to provide for your request, simply select Attach Files(s).
And that's all.
As mentioned above, all claims are reviewed within 48 hours of submission. If the claims team has enough information to approve or decline the claim, they'll do so in that time. The timeline for processing payment depends on the merchant's chosen payment method.
If information is missing from the request, the claims team will reach out and request the information, and merchants have 30 days from the date of our request to provide said information before the claim is declined.
If you need any help throughout this process, please reach out to our support team.